Senior Speech Therapist
Sarah is a fully registered Speech-Language Therapist and a clinical supervisor under the Allied Health Professions Council in Singapore. She graduated from the University of Sydney with a Masters of Speech Language Pathology.
Sarah started her professional career in 2016 with Ng Teng Fong Hospital where she managed adult patients across acute hospital, outpatient and habilitation settings. She focused on helping adult patients, including patients with swallowing, speech, language and voice impairments.
Since then, Sarah has also spent time with the Singhealth Community Hospital where she worked in disciplines such as geriatric, neurology, oncology, cardiology and respiratory issues. She has been posted to help manage patients across various Singhealth Community Hospitals, including Outram Community Hospital, Sengkang Community Hospital and Bright Vision Community Hospital. She has also received advanced training in managing patients with tracheostomy and head and neck cancer.
On top of her experience with adult patients, Sarah has also managed young children ranging from pre-school to school-going age with speech and language therapy. She has managed children with Down Syndrome and children with Autism spectrum disorder. Sarah is also trained in auditory verbal therapy and has managed children with cochlear implants. She continued pursuing her passion in helping both children and adults in her role in Amazing Speech Therapy.
Accreditations and Certifications in:
- Masters of Science in Speech and Language Pathology (University of Sydney)
- Bachelors of Arts in Linguistics and Multilingual Studies (Nanyang Technological University)
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT)
- Auditory Verbal Therapy course by MED-EL
- Certified Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC) supervisor for Speech Therapists
- Palliative care course for therapist by Lien centre of palliative care and Duke NUS
- McNeill Dysphagia Therapy (MDTP)