Lead Special Education Teacher
With many years in the Early Intervention field under her belt, Val believes that every child has a chance to overcome their difficulties and reach their fullest potential. With her vast experience, Val has worked with children across various learning needs such as Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Global Developmental Delays (GDD), Down Syndrome, Speech and Language Delays and Cerebral Palsy.
Believing strongly in family involvement, Val makes it a point to share updates and strategies to help the children bridge their learning gap beyond the centre environment. Understanding that each child is unique in their own special way, her sessions aim to encourage independence while promoting curiosity across all learning opportunities within a safe and happy environment.
Val hopes to see more children across various learning needs accepted and welcomed within the mainstream setting; allowing them to fully contribute to the society.
Accreditations and Certifications in:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Development and Education – Teaching
- Advanced Diploma in Psychology
- Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood Intervention (Special Needs)
- Victoria Carlton’s approach to literacy incorporating Jolly Phonics and Jolly Grammar
- Strategies for Development of Hand Function, Pre-writing and Handwriting Skills for Children
- Teaching Handwriting Skills to My Child with Autism (Part 1 & 2) [Pathlight School]