AUYEONG WEI YING
Senior Speech Therapist
Wei Ying is a fully registered Speech-Language Therapist and clinical supervisor with the Allied Health Professions Council in Singapore. She obtained her Masters in Speech and Language Pathology from the University of Sydney after completing her Bachelors in Linguistics and Multilingual Studies at Nanyang Technological University.
Wei Ying has significant experience helping patients with speech, language and swallowing difficulties since 2016. She has experience with adults and school-aged children in various settings including at hospitals, private clinics and schools.
Prior to joining AST, she was working with medical professionals specialising in Geriatrics, Neurology, and Respiratory medicine at Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, Jurong Community Hospital, and Outram Community Hospital to provide her patients with holistic care. Her clinical experience also extends to improving the quality of life for palliative patients under her care and providing support to the patients’ caregivers.
Wei Ying believes in working closely with caregivers to empower them to continue the rehabilitation of speech, language and swallowing difficulties at home. She believes that caregiver engagement is integral to maximising clinical gains for her patients.
Outside of work, Wei Ying is a mother of a preschooler with an incomprehensible love of cats. When time allows, Wei Ying enjoys pilates and experimenting with new recipes.
Accreditations and Certifications in:
- Masters of Science in Speech and Language Pathology (University of Sydney)
- Bachelors of Arts in Linguistics and Multilingual Studies (Nanyang Technological University)
- Certified Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC) supervisor for Speech Therapists
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT)
- Influencing Behaviour in Dementia Care Through Person-centred Approach (Part 1)
- General Basic Palliative Care for Allied Health Professionals