AUYEONG WEI YING
Senior Speech Therapist
Wei Ying is a fully registered Speech-Language Therapist and clinical supervisor with the Allied Health Professions Council in Singapore. She obtained her Masters in Speech and Language Pathology from the University of Sydney after completing her Bachelors in Linguistics and Multilingual Studies at Nanyang Technological University.
Wei Ying has significant experience helping clients with speech, language and swallowing difficulties since 2016. She is passionate about and skilled in both speech therapy for adults and children. Prior to joining AST, she was working with medical professionals specialising in Geriatrics, Neurology, and Respiratory medicine at Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, Jurong Community Hospital, and Outram Community Hospital to provide her patients with holistic care.
Her clinical experience also extends to improving the quality of life for palliative patients under her care and providing support to the patients’ caregivers. She has also worked with children in schools and other settings. After joining AST, she continues to work with a mix caseload of adults and children, determined to make a difference for her clients regardless of ages.
Wei Ying believes in working closely with caregivers to empower them to continue the therapy at home. She believes that caregiver engagement is integral to maximising progress for her clients.
Outside of work, Wei Ying is a mother of a preschooler and she enjoys spending quality time with her daughter. Wei Ying also has with an incomprehensible love of cats, enjoys pilates and experimenting with new recipes.
Accreditations and Certifications in:
- Masters of Science in Speech and Language Pathology (University of Sydney)
- Bachelors of Arts in Linguistics and Multilingual Studies (Nanyang Technological University)
- Certified Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC) supervisor for Speech Therapists
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT)
- Influencing Behaviour in Dementia Care Through Person-centred Approach (Part 1)
- General Basic Palliative Care for Allied Health Professionals
- Hanen: More Than Words