Educational therapy uses a different approach compared to normal tuition. Our educational therapists have more experience working with kids who have learning and thinking differences. Additionally, we don’t solely focus on academics and grades, instead we teach skills and strategies that help children manage their learning difficulties and improve their school work.
How can our educational therapists help you?
- Identify behaviour issues that may be caused by underlying learning and thinking differences
- Teach strategies to improve focus and work habits.
- Provide intensive educational intervention beyond what the schools and tutors can provide.
- Manage the learning process for the child to make it more positive and enjoyable
Who can benefit from educational therapy?
Individuals who might have learning difficulties due to conditions such as:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Auditory or visual processing disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Language impairments
It can also be adolescents struggling to keep up with their peers due to other attention and learning difficulties or poor critical thinking skills.
Nonetheless, our goal is to provide support for the child, the parents and the key stake holders with educational and transition planning. With our multidisciplinary team of educational therapists, speech therapists and occupational therapists, we aim to use the different approaches and activities to strengthen core learning skills such as visual and auditory processing, attention, focusing and memory which are important for day-to-day functioning in school.