Education Therapist / Head of Early Intervention Programme
As a former Allied Educator in an MOE school, Michelle is passionate about working with young children to overcome their difficulties and achieve their potential. Her teaching journey has enabled her to accumulate a vast experience of working with children of diverse behavioural and learning needs such as Autism, ADHD, Global Development Delay and Dyslexia.
Being familiar with the curriculum and demands of mainstream schools, she is able to help children bridge their learning gaps effectively. She is a strong believer that learning takes place during enjoyable experiences and her sessions aim to encourage curiosity, exploration and independence.
Michelle hopes to foster communities that would help children to grow in a safe and healthy environment. She works collaboratively with families and different stakeholders to provide a holistic approach in children’s developing years. She is able to converse fluently in English and Mandarin.
Accreditations and Certifications in:
- Diploma in Special Education (National Institute of Education)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (University of Queensland)
- Diploma in Psychology and Community Services (Ngee Ann Polytechnic)
- Certificate in Educational Psychology (Dyslexia Association of Singapore)
- Supporting Students with Executive Functioning Difficulties (Dyslexia Association of Singapore)
- Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA)
- Progress Monitoring and Data-based Decision Making
- Social Thinking Across the Home and School Day: The ILAUGH Model